Having a dog as a pet is something that makes everybody happy. With the changing times, humans have started finding comfort with dogs. But is your dog healthy? We feed them with dog foods, but does that food have enough calcium needed for a dog?
There are many types of calcium tablets available for dogs in the market today, here is a list having a variety of high calcium pills and supplements for dogs. You can check the product out and find the one that is best suited for your dog:
- Best Calcium Supplement for Dogs
- 1) Pet-Tabs Calcium Formula Supplement for Dogs
- 2) Lambert Kay Sure Grow Calcium Supplement for Dogs
- 3) Animal Essentials Seaweed Calcium for Dogs
- 4) UPCo Bone Meal Steamed Bag Supplement for Dogs
- 5) NutriVed Calcium Plus Chewable Vitamins for Dogs
- 6) Nature’s Best Seaweed Calcium Supplement for Dogs
- 7) PetAg Calcium Phosphorus Tablets for Dogs
Best Calcium Supplement for Dogs
1) Pet-Tabs Calcium Formula Supplement for Dogs
Pet-Tabs Calcium Formula Supplement is suited for maintaining teeth and bones in dogs. Tablets come in chewable form. Along with calcium, these tablets are also a source of essential vitamins and phosphorus.
- The tablets are in chewable form making it easy to feed dogs.
- These tablets can be given along with the food to dogs.
- It also has Vitamin D3 and Phosphorus.
- It helps in the development and maintenance of healthy teeth and bones.
2) Lambert Kay Sure Grow Calcium Supplement for Dogs
Lambert Kay Sure Grow supplement has calcium, phosphorus, and vitamins which are helpful in promoting bone ligament and tendon development in the growing puppies. This supplement has a unique taste which is liked by the dogs.
- It comes in chewable form making it easy for dogs to digest.
- It has a unique and exclusive formulation of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamins.
- It helps with bone development in growing dogs.
- This supplement shows quick results in growing dogs.
3) Animal Essentials Seaweed Calcium for Dogs
This calcium supplement is one of the highly rated dog supplements available in the market today. The calcium present in this supplement is derived naturally from the Seaweed which makes it organic and easily digestible for the dog. As this supplement easily digestible the amount of supplement used is less.
- The calcium present is the supplement is naturally derived, making it suitable for dogs.
- This supplement can be used along with the cooked meals or can be added in the meals as well.
- There is no flavor in this supplement; hence it can be added to meals.
- It is also highly recommended by Vets due to its high calcium content.
4) UPCo Bone Meal Steamed Bag Supplement for Dogs
The UPCo bone meal supplement contains calcium, phosphorus, and minerals which are derived naturally. This bone meal supplement is useful in the strengthening of bones in the growing puppies. Along with growing puppies, it is helpful for nursing bitches.
- It promotes proper development and bone growth in growing dogs.
- It is useful for nursing bitches.
- As the calcium is naturally derived, dogs like the taste of this supplement.
- The use of this supplement is effortless and hassle-free.
5) NutriVed Calcium Plus Chewable Vitamins for Dogs
As the name itself suggests, these tablets come in chewable form making it easy for the dog to take. These pills have a high content of calcium as well as vitamins needed by the dogs. It comes in Roast Beef and Liver flavor.
- As it contains calcium and vitamins, it can be used as a dietary supplement.
- It has calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin D3 and is helpful when dogs have the deficiency of these vitamins.
- These chewable tablets are useful for pregnant and lactating bitches.
- As these tablets have all the essential supplements, it is beneficial for the fast-growing breed of dogs.
6) Nature’s Best Seaweed Calcium Supplement for Dogs
This supplement comes in powder form which is easy to use. The powder is tasteless and can be used in hot as well as cold dog foods. This powder is laboratory tested for impurities.
- It is 100% natural, as it is harvested from Icelandic Calcareous Marine Algae.
- This supplement is a concentrated source of calcium.
- It helps with heart functions by supporting muscle contractions in the heart.
- It also helps in building strong teeth and bones as well as nerve transmission and hormone secretion.
7) PetAg Calcium Phosphorus Tablets for Dogs
These tablets contain Calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin D3 which promotes optimal growth. It also includes extra D3 for healthy bones. This supplement is also available in powder form.
- As the tablets come in chewable form, dogs can digest it easily.
- It contains calcium and phosphorus which helps in development and growth.
- This tablet is beneficial for optimum growth in dogs.
- As it also contains Vitamin D3, these tablets are also useful for lactating bitches.
Importance of calcium in dogs
Calcium is an important nutrient that is required by dogs in teeth and bone development. According to the National Research Council (NRC), the calcium requirement of a healthy dog is 50 mg per kilogram of the weight of the dog.
However, the recommended quantity is 1 gram. Calcium is needed in higher concentration when the dogs are growing, ageing, pregnancy and lactating stages. Along with helping in growth and development calcium is also known to support heart functions, muscle contractions, hormone secretion, and blood coagulation. Deficiency of calcium can cause skeletal abnormalities, weak teeth, and bones as well as a delay in the formation of teeth.
The amount of Calcium present in the dog foods is not enough for the dogs; hence high calcium supplements should be used which can aid the development processes during the growing period of dogs.