Are you noticing that your pet is scratching themselves way too much lately? Too much scratching can be due to itchy or flaky skin. Sometimes scratching too much can lead to skin damage. It is essential to understand the causes of such dry and itchy skin. Sometimes it is due to some allergens. Other times it can be because of flea bites and food allergies as well. However, there are many supplements available for improving the skin and coat of the dogs. One such supplement is fish oil. It works great for the overall health of dogs.
Best Fish Oil for Dogs Itchy Skin
Fish Oil is derived from the tissues of the oily fishes such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, etc. This oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which support the brain and body development. The oil has many benefits for humans as well as dogs. There are many options of Omega 3 fish oil available in the market that are suitable for feeding to your pets. Giving some spoons of this oil with the dog food can help in improving and reducing the allergies and itchiness. Apart from this, it is also effective for:
- Fighting cardiovascular diseases
- Kidney diseases
- Improving neurological health and cognitive function
So now that we know all the benefits let’s explore the best options available for fish oil for dogs dry skin.
1. TerraMax Pro Premium Liquid Omega-3 Fish Oil
The reason why this alternative is the first one in my list is due to its excellent properties. The fish oil is 100% natural, safe, and pure. There are no additives or preservatives added to it. The oil has Omega-3, EPA, and DHA. It supports healthy skin, joints, heart, and the development of the brain in the dogs. It is also beneficial for boosting the immune system. The oil is refined to its maximum potency to get rid of the nasty fish smell from the oil. It is also useful in reducing dry or itchy skin in your dog.
- The fish oil is free of artificial ingredients, fillers, and binders.
- Molecular distillation method is used to remove heavy metals, PCBs, and other toxins. This purification method ensures the highest grade of purity.
- The oil is also helpful for weight loss and reduces certain allergies in dogs.
- It promotes a healthy and shiny coat. The oil is also helpful in reducing shedding.
- This fish oil is suitable for all breeds of dogs as well as cats.
2. Paws & Pals Wild Alaskan Salmon Fish Oil for Dogs
Paws and Pals is one of the top choices for such dog supplements among pet owners. They have a wide range of quality products. This fish oil is enriched with omega fatty acids, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. It is effective in reducing shedding and restoring healthy skin. It also contains EPA and DHA. This Salmon derived fish oil helps in supporting joint and cognitive functions along with relieving inflammation. Adding a tiny amount of this oil with the meals helps in strengthening eye and brain development in your pets.
- It is made from the natural oil derived from the Alaskan salmon fish and has no additives or artificial ingredients.
- The oil has a rich source of Biotin, which is a type of essential vitamins. This vitamin helps in promoting skin, coat, and nail health for your pet.
- Omega-3 in the oil is beneficial for autoimmune, allergic, and inflammatory health conditions.
- The fatty acids in the oil keep the pets active and also keep their joint’s strong providing them more energy to run, play, etc.
- The oil also works great for reducing dry itches.
3. Nordic Naturals Fish Oil for Dogs Itchy Skin
Nordic Natural Omega 3 pet fish oil is an excellent alternative you can consider for your little friends. It is 100% pure fish derived from sardines and anchovies. The fish oil is made with Non-GMO ingredients only. The oil meets all the standards for purity and is tested by third parties for checking the purity of the oil. It is beneficial for curing itchy and flaky skin. The oil also helps in promoting a healthy and shiny coat.
- The oil is made with exceptional quality human-grade ingredients.
- It has fatty acids in the form of triglycerides for optimal absorption.
- This fish oil has a rich source of EPA and DHA.
- It helps in supporting the overall health of your dogs.
- This oil is suitable for all breeds of dogs as well as cats.
4. Wild Caught Fish Oil for Dogs Itchy Skin
Another excellent alternative for buying the fish oil for your dogs is this one, Wild Caught fish oil. As the name suggests, the oil is made from the wild caught fish, using safe and sustainable methods. This oil can work great as a dog supplement to improve stiffness, promoting healthy fur, and much more. The oil is infused with Omega 3, 6, and 9. It is 100% natural without any added colors. As it has a high concentration of fatty acids, it delivers high EPA and DHA like salmon oil to your pets. There are no heavy metals or chemicals in the oil.
- The fish oil is free from all the harsh chemicals and additives.
- It is made with GMO-free formula that helps in boosting the immune health, cardiovascular function and also helps in reducing allergies.
- The oil doesn’t have an odor and has a delicious fish flavor that is loved by dogs.
- The pump dispenser packaging of the oil bottle prevents the oil from spilling and is easy to pour directly into your dog food.
- It helps in reducing itching, excessive shedding, and also alleviate painful joints in your pets.
5. Ace Pet Health Omega 3 Fish Oil for Dogs
Ace Pet Health is a well-known name for pet supplies and supplements. The fish oil is made from the wild caught sardines, herring, mackerel and anchovy from the clean North Atlantic water of Iceland. There are no toxins in the oil, and it is 100% natural. The daily dose of this oil can help in promoting a healthy coat, skin, hips, and joints. It is also beneficial for reducing itching and flaky skin. There are no additives or chemicals in the oil. It is suitable for large dogs and even multi-dog families.
- The oil doesn’t have a typical fish oil odor, and hence, your pet is unable to notice it in their food.
- It is easy to use due to its pump dispenser packaging.
- There are no contaminants in the fish oil, and it meets all the requirements for California Proposition.
- It helps in delivering 18% EPA and 12% DHA due to the high potency of fatty acids.
- It comes with a guarantee period of 60 days.
6. Fera Pet Organics Fish Oil For Dogs
The human-grade fish oil by the Fera Pet Organics is also one of the top choices for fish oil among pet owners. It has the highest amount of EPA and DHA. The oil is beneficial for dogs with itchy or dry skin. It is made from the wild caught small fish from the Icelandic waters. Molecular distillation method is used to remove all the heavy metals and toxins from the oil. It is also a natural form of triglycerides, which aids in better metabolism. The oil helps in achieving a soft, healthy, and shiny coat. It also supports brain health and function. The oil also provides nutritional support for joint strength and flexibility.
- The oil is enriched with Non-GMO Vitamin E from sunflowers to prevent vitamin deficiency in your pet.
- The oil is deodorized and can be mixed easily with the food while feeding your pets.
- There are no additives, fillers, or preservatives added in the oil.
- Each batch of oil is tested with the high standards by the Eurofins testing program.
- The fish oil is free of wheat, gluten, and dairy.
7. Dog Lover’s Secret Omega 3 Fish Oil For Dog
The last option in this list is Dog Lover’s Secret fish oil that is enriched with Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. These Omega fatty acids help in reducing allergy symptoms, shedding, and also relieves joint pain. It is made from the fish caught from the Icelandic waters. The oil surpasses all the U.S pharmacopeia standards. If you are looking for oil to reduce itchy dog skin, then this oil is the most suitable option. The oil is suitable for all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- The fish oil is 100% natural and pure. It is packed with rich omega fatty acids that compliment your dog meal.
- It is easy to administer the oil to the pets due to its leak-resistant pump dispenser packaging.
- The oil is molecularly distilled and filtered in the FDA approved facility.
- There are no additives, preservatives, toxins, and other harsh chemicals in this fish oil.
- The oil helps in supporting the immune system, joints, heart, bones, etc.
So these are the best alternatives for fish oil that are readily available. I would suggest you read the entire ingredient list of the product to eliminate the chances of an allergy to your pet. Giving daily doses of fish oil for several weeks will show results in improving the skin and coat of your pet. I hope you find the alternative that fits in your budget and fulfills all the criteria for your pooch.