The pet owners love to spend time with their pets and give them endless snuggles. But every dog owner knows the plight of finding their dog hair everywhere in the house. Be it a couch, carpet or your favorite gym tee the hair is everywhere. Shedding of hair is normal in dogs, but there are some breeds and conditions where the shedding increases in dogs. There are many allergies and disorders also that cause such an increase in the shedding. However, it is essential to see that your dog has healthy skin and coat.
There are many Dog supplements available in the market today readily that help in improving the coat of the dogs and also help in preventing the excessive hair loss by shedding. These supplements are often enriched with vitamins and minerals that help in improving the overall health of the dogs. Only raw food, dog food or meat is not sufficient for dogs. There is a need for supplements to help them have a healthy gut and an excellent immunity system.
To help all my beautiful readers, I am listing down all the best dog shedding supplements that work for reducing the shedding as well as other skin problems. I have made this list after going through a lot of products and its reviews. Check the list below:
Best Supplements for Dog Shedding
1. PL360 Shed for Dogs Shedding
This supplement is the top-rated supplement for preventing shedding in the dogs. It is made in the USA with some finest ingredients. All the ingredients have plant-derived sources. This natural supplement helps in reducing shedding and is excellent especially for the dogs who experience unseasonal shedding. The supplement also has the essential oils that aid in keeping a healthy skin and coat in dogs.
- The supplement has omegas that help in reducing shedding and keeping the coat healthy.
- The supplements come in the chewable tablet form which makes it easy for the dogs to be fed.
- It comes in a beef and cheese flavor that dogs like to chew.
- The supplement is made without any added colors or dyes.
- There are 250 chewable tablets in the bottle.
2. Makondo Pets Skin and Coat Supplement
Makando pet skin and coat supplement is one of it’s kind in this list. The supplement has a natural blend of fish oil for dogs, omegas, minerals, and other essential amino acids along with other components. It is perfect for dogs who are suffering from any disorder or allergy. This supplement helps in reducing the excessive shedding in the dogs and also helps in improving the skin and coat. It is suitable for cats as well. This supplement can be sprinkled over food or given with treats.
- The supplement is suitable to use for puppies, adults, seniors, small and giant breeds of dogs.
- There are 60 bacon flavored chewable treats in the package.
- It protects the skin and coat of the pets and provides strength against bacterial and fungal infections.
- The supplement is also helpful for treating dry or itchy skin, allergies, and hot spots.
- It also helps in boosting the immune system, reduce inflammatory reactions in the skin, eliminates dull coats and much more.
3. DermAid Skin & Coat Supplement for Dogs Shedding
The Dermaid skin and coat supplement is uniquely formulated with methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), essential fatty acids such as omega-3 and 6, vitamins and minerals. All these ingredients are 100% safe, and FDA certified. It helps in aiding the mechanisms that support to reduce the shedding, help with dry or flaky hair coat and even chronic skin problems. The manufacturer also offers the guarantee on this supplement where if you don’t see the results you can claim the money back.
- The supplement is safe and nutritious for dogs.
- The MSM in the supplement supports the integrity of the skin by providing collagen and keratin.
- It is also beneficial in reducing dandruff, soften coats, helps with allergies and also makes the coat shiny with reduced shedding.
- The supplement is full of nutrients that are often missing in the dog’s diet.
4. Nickers International Bio-Coat Supplement
This Bio-coat supplement is one of the products that come in the powder form. It helps to reduce excessive shedding in dogs. The supplement is also beneficial for the dogs having problems such as dry skin, scratching, dull, thin coat, etc. It is safe and effective for all dog breeds. It is formulated in the base of human-grade nutritional yeast.
- The supplement contains biotin and essential fatty acids which are suitable for dog’s health.
- There are no artificial colors or flavors added in this supplement.
- It is suitable for all sizes of dogs as well as cats.
- The supplement is also enriched with a wide range of vitamins and minerals.
- Every scoop of the supplement contains 1.5 mg of biotin.
5. Lipiderm Fish Oil for Dogs Shedding
The supplement is formulated that helps with inflammation of the skin, control the excessive shedding, chronic scratching, and much other skin as well as coat related issues. It also helps in healing the flaky skin as well as easing the allergy symptoms. Apart from helping to reduce the shedding this supplement is beneficial for healthy and well-nourished skin and coat in our little pets.
- The supplement contains both omega 3 and six fatty acids such as EPA, DHA, ALA, LA that are beneficial for dogs.
- The formula of this supplement is formulated by the veterinarians that have an all-natural blend of the fatty acids along with other essential nutrients.
- It also has antioxidants and Vitamins A, E that help in boosting up the immunity in dogs.
- The supplement comes in a soft gel form that can be mixed in their food or given with a treat.
6. Pawstopia Dog Supplements for Dogs Shedding
These vita treats are a unique combination of supplement and essential nutrients. It helps in improving the skin and the coat in a dog. The supplement has omega 3 which is very beneficial for dog skin and coat. The Krill oil is the source of omega 3 fatty acids in this supplement. It helps in reducing the shedding along with supporting the hips and joints.
- There are 120 chewable tablets in this supplement bottle.
- The treats are soft and easily chewable.
- The treats are packed with essential vitamins for dogs health.
- The supplement also helps in relieving the allergies and itching problems in the dog.
- It also benefits the immune system, brain, eyes, and more.
7. Sup Healthy Skin & Coat Chewable Tablets for Dogs
The Sup supplements are 100% natural and are enriched with vitamins. It has a natural source of the omega 3 fatty acids and all natural ingredients. The supplement comes in the form of chewable treat that can be fed easily to the dogs. This supplement helps in decreasing the shedding in dogs and also improving the skin and coat.
- The supplement has omega-3 fatty acids that include fish oil and flaxseed oil.
- The supplement has a likeable flavor and texture.
- It helps to improve the hair and fur condition as well as improves skin in the dogs.
- It contains 27 vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for overall dog health.
So these are the supplements that help prevent the shedding in dogs. Along with reducing the shedding it also helps in improving the immunity system, skin, and coat. I hope this article helps you to decide which supplement is best suited for your little pooch.