It is indispensable to keep your dog healthy as it plays an important part in your life. The owners treat the dog as one of the members of their family so take care of every requirement to provide the comfortable life to their loving pet.
If you desire to provide the comfortable life to your sweet puppy, then you have to take care of their health. The dogs will live their life to the fullest if they are in the pink of health. For healthy mind and body of your dog, you have to look after the vitamins for dogs.
Various types of vitamins are available on the market. You can go through the dog vitamins reviews and choose any of the pet vitamins that suit you best.
Best Dog Multivitamin
1. Nutri-Vet Multi-Vite
Nutri-Vet is one of the top dog multivitamins that is chewable. It complements the diet of your dog by offering a whole range of vitamins and minerals.
- It provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in the balanced form.
- The dog can easily have it as they are liver chewable.
- It helps in promoting vivacity and vigor in your canine.
- For deteriorating ailments, it lessens potential.
- It provides the strong immune system as it contains Vitamins A, C and E. For healthy mind it offers B-complex vitamins, choline, and inositol.
- A healthy cardiovascular system is supported by taurine.
- It contains sugar.
- It is often hard for dogs to eat.
- Some users find that the dosing information is not defined on the packet.
2. Vitamins for Dogs – Dog Glucosamine
VitaHealth Senior (Dog Glucosamine) is puppy vitamins that give more energy and better breath. Your puppy will love the smell, flavor, and taste. The owners who possess finicky and healthy eaters can make use of these vitamins. It is made in the USA for senior dogs.
- It is apt for aging pets as it comprises calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin A, C, D3, E, B that provide sound health to your old pet.
- Your dog will love the chewable vita health senior as it contains more vitamins.
- It promotes sound health for your adult, lactating, expecting or more active dog.
- Sometimes it gives awful gas to the dogs.
- Some found it expensive.
3. Pro-Sense Multivitamin
The pro-sense chewable tablet is one of the best dog multivitamins that offers the whole lot to grow well. Even your veterinarian will approve it. Your puppy will enjoy the taste.
- Your adult dog will get vital vitamins and certain minerals.
- The healthy immune system is provided by vitamin C.
- The dog loves the tasty and chewable tablet.
- At times the dog can face the problem of elevated liver enzymes.
- It contains corn oil that may cause allergy.
- The dog may dislike the taste as the size of the tablet is large.
4. Nutri-Pet Nupro Dog Multivitamin
The Nutri-Pet Nupro is considered one of the best dog vitamins. It is a great supplement for your fur babies. You will find the amazing results for your dog’s coat. According to the age of the dog, the quantity of the supplement varies.
- There is the absence of wheat or corn.
- It helps in improving appetite and promoting hair growth.
- It enhances the state of fertility in females and potency in males.
- It checks dry, itchy and crumbly skin.
- It supports in digestion and aching conditions.
- It prevents bugs.
- Occasionally the dog is unable to east supplement.
- Some dogs may suffer from diarrhea, may be it does not suit them.
5. Pet Tabs Dog Multivitamin
Pet Tabs are vitamin supplement for your loving dogs that are made in the USA. It is perfect for active, senior and working dogs as it provides the extra boost. Its formal name is Pet-Tabs Plus.
- It is the vitamin-mineral supplement.
- Canine loves chewable tablets.
- It works great for skin and coat.
- It is expensive.
- The numbers of calcium and prosperous are not good.
- It contains sugar.
- Some people experience bad smell.
6. Buddy & Lola Multivit
Buddy & Lola Multivit is idyllic for dogs of all ages. By taking it, your dog will get more energy as it contains nutrients, calcium, digestive enzymes, and antioxidants. The tablets are chewable.
- It has the proper source of vitamins, nutrients, calcium and digestive enzymes.
- It provides support to your aging furry friend. The nutrients present in the tablets will provide 34 essential nutrients.
- The chewable tablets contain chicken liver taste that your dog will surely love.
- It great dietary supplement for active, working and older dogs. It gratifies the needs of every dog by keeping them sturdy and healthy.
- The smell is unpleasant.
- Some found it hard to crush for the dogs.
7. 8in1 Excel Multi-Vitamin
8in 1 Excel is one of the finest dog multivitamins that will make your pet active, happy and healthier. The quality is excellent. It contains 180-tab unit and is meant for adult dogs.
- It contains Vitamin C antioxidant.
- It is recommended by the veterinarian.
- It is the chewable tablet that is good in taste.
- It provides minerals for active adult dogs.
- It has 180-time release tasty tablets that dogs relish.
- It contains brewer’s yeast, so it not advised for dogs prone to ear infections.
- Some dogs dislike the taste.
The details of dog vitamins will make you aware regarding which product or tablet is suitable for your beloved pet. Go for the product that best suits to your requirement. The tablets mentioned above are meant for adult dogs, old dogs, guard dogs and much more. All these tablets will make your dog vigorous and happy. Hale and hearty pets are loved by all. You will enjoy their company to the fullest.
Can Dogs Take Human Vitamins
Like human beings, dogs need certain types of nutrients to keep their body healthy. They don’t require all kinds of vitamins taken by us. Water-soluble vitamins and certain B vitamins like folate are best suited for these mammals. Make sure that there should not be added iron in B complex nutrients.
Which type of vitamins are recommended for dogs?
If your canine consumes water-soluble vitamins, then in his body the only small amount of vitamin will be stored. On the other side, your valued pooch will be benefitted in the number of ways by the B-complex vitamins. He will enjoy the healthy heart and skin. You can also provide him Vitamin C, niacin, biotin and folic acid.
You can also make use of Omega 3 Fatty acids for your four-legged friend in the form of fish oil. You can add fish oil to their food.
On a dry matter basis, you can add vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin E which in turn make dog multivitamin in your pet’s food.
Ensure the quantity of these three types of vitamins in the food should not be more than
|Vitamin A||2,272 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||227 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||23 IU/lb|
There are some nutrients which you will find that they are not meant for dogs. Avoid giving fat-soluble vitamins to your dear pet. The dog tends to store fat-soluble vitamins which turn into toxicity. Vitamins A, D, E and Vitamin K are fat-soluble vitamins. Potential toxicity is observed in vitamin A and D so you can give it in the limited amount.
Iron and zinc are also not meant for your beloved pet as it may cause harm to their body. In case your dog consumes unfavourable vitamins then you should consult a vet to avoid ill health of your pet.
Not all the human supplements are bad or good for your dog. You can provide water soluble and omega three fatty acids to your pet. Do not give fat-soluble multivitamins to your dear pet. If you plan the diet chart of your pooch, then you can efficiently manage his nutritious diet with proper care.